How to repair kitchen faucet? A simple repair is to use putty that may be all you need. The putty is used to seal the base of the faucet in the sink, so if the original layer of mastic is worn, you can wiggle the tap, which can cause other problems can occur, such as leaks in the connections they are loose.
- Turn off the water to stop its flow to the area of the tap. Usually there is a knob to do this under the sink for how to repair kitchen faucet.
- Disconnect water hoses from the how to repair kitchen faucet, those that are subject to bolts with a wrench.
- Remove the faucet. It is secured with screws, nuts and bolts, either from the top or bottom. If you have a top mounted faucet, nuts are easily visible below and simply quit alas.
- Clean the area thoroughly. The vinegar and a sponge cut grime. You need to clean the area of the base of the sink where the faucet was coupled with the bottom of the faucet base.
- Place a line of high-quarter inch (0.64 centimeters) putty over the area where the faucet is mounted.